[Asterisk-Users] TE410P / Eicon PRI

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jun 18 11:00:39 MST 2004

On Friday 18 June 2004 12:37, Steve Underwood wrote:
> The segfaults I have followed up on have all been due to libtiff
> versions. Are you sure there isn't some other version of libtiff lurking
> on your machine? If there isn't I would like to follow up with you and
> find why this happens. Many people are getting reliable performance.

Yup I am positive.  I *did* have an older version of libtiff (3.7.9?) hanging
around but after I found out about it I blew it away and made sure I rebuilt
the libraries from scratch (making sure I had eliminated header files,
libraries, everything).

Once I did that, as I said, I was able to receive faxes but only sporadically.
I posted the data to this list earlier:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-June/049405.html
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-June/049414.html
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-June/049415.html
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-June/049418.html
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-June/049443.html

The most recent crash audio files are at
http://www.mixdown.ca/~andrew/dump/akohlmith-faxsegfault2.tgz -- this occured
on the same system; some fax receives work fine, some don't, and some (like
this one) crash asterisk.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew