[Asterisk-Users] Possible chan_skinny problems - no ringtone, no moh and no queue messages

Steve Hanselman SteveH at brendata.co.uk
Fri Jun 18 08:18:02 MST 2004

We're using Cisco phones running skinny protocol.

When I call other extensions I don't get a ringtone, although the remote end
does ring and when answered we get clear two way audio.

When I call a queue from a skinny phone then I don't hear the announcements.

Likewise we don't hear music on hold on these phones, although we can see
mpg123 in the process list and ls -l the fd shows a pipe open from asterisk
to mpg123.

I created a dummy extension that played back the queue message, called it
from a skinny and it's fine.

Any ideas?

Also, I read somewhere that the two skinny implementations (chan_sccp and
chan_skinny) were going to be merged, any news on this?

Here's a skinny debug of a call being made to a queue:

Linux3*CLI> skinny debug

Skinny Debugging Enabled

    -- Starting simple switch on '111 at steve'

Collected digit: [6]

    -- Asked to indicate 'Stop tone' condition on channel Skinny/111 at steve-2

Collected digit: [2]

    -- Asked to indicate 'Stop tone' condition on channel Skinny/111 at steve-2

Collected digit: [2]

    -- Executing Queue("Skinny/111 at steve-2", "Sales") in new stack

    -- Started music on hold, class 'random', on Skinny/111 at steve-2

    -- Stopped music on hold on Skinny/111 at steve-2

    -- Playing 'queue-youarenext' (language 'en')

    -- Told Skinny/111 at steve-2 in Sales their queue position (which was 1)

    -- Playing 'queue-thankyou' (language 'en')

    -- Started music on hold, class 'random', on Skinny/111 at steve-2

Jun 18 16:08:21 NOTICE[63531]: app_queue.c:668 wait_for_answer: No one is
answering queue 'Sales'

Jun 18 16:08:26 NOTICE[63531]: app_queue.c:668 wait_for_answer: No one is
answering queue 'Sales'

Skinny 111 at steve went on hook

    -- Stopped music on hold on Skinny/111 at steve-2

    -- User disconnected when they almost made it

  == Spawn extension (default, 622, 1) exited non-zero on
'Skinny/111 at steve-2'

skinny_hangup(Skinny/111 at steve-2) on 111 at steve

Here's the debug of the call to the dummy extension:

    -- Starting simple switch on '111 at steve'

Collected digit: [2]

    -- Asked to indicate 'Stop tone' condition on channel Skinny/111 at steve-2

Collected digit: [0]

    -- Asked to indicate 'Stop tone' condition on channel Skinny/111 at steve-2

Collected digit: [5]

    -- Executing Playback("Skinny/111 at steve-2", "queue-thankyou") in new
stack

skinny_answer(Skinny/111 at steve-2) on 111 at steve-2

    -- Playing 'queue-thankyou' (language 'en')

Steve Hanselman

Brendata (UK) Ltd

Tel: +44 (0)1268 466111

Fax: +44 (0)870 1387283

Mob: +44 (0)7973 750993

The information contained in this email is intended for the personal and confidential use
of the addressee only. It may also be privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient then you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and
that any review, distribution or copying of this document is strictly prohibited. If you have
received  this communication in error, please notify Brendata immediately on:

+44 (0)1268 466100, or email 'technical at brendata.co.uk'

Brendata (UK) Ltd
Nevendon Hall, Nevendon Road, Basildon, Essex. SS13 1BX  UK
Registered Office as above. Registered in England No. 2764339

See our current vacancies at www.brendata.co.uk