[Asterisk-Users] 7960 straight through?

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Thu Jun 17 19:25:28 MST 2004

On Jun 17, 2004, at 5:42 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

> if i go off hook and dial 666 from an internal sipura spa-x000
> (at extn 141), it rings straight through to extn 666.
>
> using the same dialplan, from a cisco 7960 with 7.1 sip code
> (at extn 142), i have to
>    go off hook
>    hit NewCall
>    punch 142  (or any valid extn in the dialplan)
>    hit Dial
>    then dial 666
>
> wtf?

Err, it works for me, with a 7940 and 6.3.  I've never bothered with
'NewCall' or 'Dial'; you can get around them if you can set up a decent
dialplan.xml.  I just treat it like a regular phone.

> extensions.conf
>
>     [in-internal]
>     exten => s,1,Answer
>     exten => 141,1,GoTo(int_extns,s,1)   ; spa-x000
>     exten => 142,1,GoTo(int_extns,s,1)	 ; 7960
>
>     [in-internal]

I assume that you meant [int_extns] here?  Without this, the bit above
doesn't make sense.

>     exten => s,1,Answer
>     exten => s,2,DigitTimeout,5
>     exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout,10
>     exten => s,4,PlayTones(dial)
>     exten => 141,1,Macro(dial-extension,marais)
>     exten => 142,1,Macro(dial-extension,fiji)
>     exten => 666,1,Macro(dial-extension,downthere)

My extensions.conf is at
http://scottstuff.net/scott/archives/000207.html; I'm not going to
claim that it's spectacularly correct, but it's been working for months
with a 7940, an analog phone via a TDM400, and one or two softphones.

I'd guess that you're either seeing a problem with 7.1, or that
something's weird with the int_extns context or dial-extension macro in
your dial plan.  As things stand, I'm not really sure why there's an
's' extension in the second [in-internal] context.

Scott