[Asterisk-Users] mgcp/T1 interface/alternatives

R. M. Alarcon ralarcon at ellman.com
Thu Jun 17 10:21:29 MST 2004

Hi All,

I just setup an asterisk system equiped to with a 4 FXO port board to
interface it with my phone system (Inter-Tel). I realize that I'll be
running our of ports once I start showing what can be done with it.

My Inter-tel system supports MGCP connectivity to a gateway. Is there any
planned development to make chan_mgcp work as a gateway?

Another alternative, was to rig * and the phone system with T1 cards and
hooking them up with a cat5 cord. I'm still confused about this one, is
there any documentation about this set up?. I just want it to work like it's
working now with the FXO board hooked up to analog ports in the phone
system.... sorry for the ignorance

I want to use * as a sip/iax gateway, for complex call routing, conference
bridge, etc. In other words, to make it do what the phone system can't do,
so connectivity with the phone system is essential.

Are there any other alternatives?

Regards,

Renato A.