[Asterisk-Users] Terminating VoIP calls with Asterisk

Joaquin Cuenca Abela e98cuenc at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 09:13:26 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm a newbee to all this asterisk stuff, and after
reading a fair amount of docs at the voip-info wiki, I
was wondering if it will be possible to work out
something as the following scheme:

   A                                      B
+-----+      +--------+              +----------+
         +---------+
| SIP |      |        |   Internet   |    PC    |
phone line   | classic |
|     | ===> | router | ===========> | Asterisk |
============> |   tel   |
|Phone|      |        |              | FXO card |
         |         |
+-----+      +--------+              +----------+
         +---------+

The goal is to be able to pass calls at A's place,
being billed as a B call by the telco. Is it possible?

If someone has already done it, can you please suggest
a good FXO card to do it?

I'm specially interested in buying Digium cards, as
they seem to have an excellent support, but what would
you suggest, a X100P or a TDM400P with a FXO module?

I would like to scale that to 4 (maybe 8) lines, and I
want a good voice quality on the calls.

I've also read on the mailing list, that a factor to
get a good quality on the calls is due to both, the
FXO card and the line itself (and that you should
adjust the gain of card). Do you need some special
equipment to do these measures, or can it be done only
by software?

Also, would you suggest any good book that explains
these issues?

Thank you very much for any help!

Cheers,

=====