[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as Internet Talk Radio PBX system

Nik Martin nmartin at radiancetech.com
Thu Jun 17 09:01:16 MST 2004

> Notice there need not be ANY telco POTS lines.
>

> I wonder if there is a group discussion of this type of functionality.
>
> Would the LINE OUT/IN   from Asterisk to  analog MIXER console  be PC
> Sound cards or something more discrete like a form of telco line
> cards?
> We do not need the additional freq crunching done, typically, to
> interface to limited bandwidth telco network..
> Jim
> Wireless Tech Radio
> www.wirelesstechradio.com

This will work fine with a regular (but DUPLEX) soundcard, i.e. most $40-50
soundcards, but based on your mixer, you may need some matchboxes that do
impedance and level matching for you.  The soundcard in most pc's (unless
you spend big $$$ for a pro one, which I recommend against) will have levels
that are too high for your pro gear.  You might get away with just padding
the input and bringing down the gain on the mixer input.