[Asterisk-Users] S100U USB FXS problem

Francois flachance at accesscomm.ca
Wed Jun 16 21:49:27 MST 2004

After not having time to do anything with Asterisk for 2-3 months, I
finally got a chance to get back into it.  Unfortunately, I get the
feeling that the S100U USB device that I purchased as part of the
Developer's Kit (LITE) isn't working right.  When I pick up the handset,
all I hear is some either some low volume static or nothing at all.
Only twice in the last week have I been able to get a dial tone and make
a call.  After I hang up, it goes back to only giving static.

This used to work just fine!  Unplugin and pluging the S100U back in
doesn't do anything.  Asterisk is noticing that the USB device was
removed and added back:

Jun 16 22:52:18 WARNING[213006]: chan_zap.c:5193 handle_init_event:
Detected alarm on channel 2: Red Alarm
Jun 16 22:52:28 NOTICE[213006]: chan_zap.c:5188 handle_init_event: Alarm
cleared on channel 2

What information would you need to troubleshoot this?