[Asterisk-Users] Invalid Extensions -- More like traditional PBX systems?

Brian D'Arcy bdarcy at akiva.com
Wed Jun 16 11:11:09 MST 2004

Steve,

What I had problems using 'i' also, what worked for me was the
following...

For example, I have a bunch of extensions I'm matching on in a
particular context.  Keep in mind, the stdexten macro you see below is
not defined properly, and is for example only.

[extensions]
exten => 3201,1,Macro(stdexten)
exten => 3202,1,Macro(stdexten)
exten => 3203,1,Macro(stdexten)
exten => 3204,1,Macro(stdexten)
exten => 3205,1,Macro(stdexten)
exten => 3206,1,Macro(stdexten)

exten => _XXXX,1,Answer
exten => _XXXX,2,Wait(1)
exten =>
_XXXX,3,Playback(/usr/src/test/asterisk-sounds/sounds/jedi-extension-tri
ck)
exten =>
_XXXX,4,Playback(/usr/src/test/asterisk-sounds/sounds/please-try-again)
exten => _XXXX,5,Read(NUMBER,,4)
exten => _XXXX,6,Goto(${NUMBER}|1)

What happens is, after all of your possibly matchs have failed (since it
matches top to bottom in the context), it catches the _XXXX (match all)
extension, which I consider to be invalid, since it matched none of my
defined entries above it.