[Asterisk-Users] error loading meetme module

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Wed Jun 16 10:13:35 MST 2004

On 12:53 AM 6/16/2004, Jeremy McNamara wrote:
 >Glynn Condez wrote:
 >> Jun 16 15:36:56 WARNING[-1084989312]:
 >> /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_meetme.so: undefined symbol: ast_moh_stop
 >> Jun 16 15:36:56 WARNING[-1084989312]: Loading module app_meetme.so failed!
 >
 >It is not blatantly obvious?  Music On hold has to be loaded prior to
 >app_meetme.

I couldn't help but stick my big fat nose into this one, but I think the
blatantly obvious answer to your questions here is "NO".  If it was yes,
then you wouldn't have seen the question in the first place.

Lets try this for an example:

Here is the background, you are running a program that monitors the
start-up instruments of a commercial nuclear power plant to accurately
identify the point of criticality.  In the process you get the following error:

undefined symbol: rx_zpnd_det

Isn't it blatantly obvious that you have failed to load the zero power
neutron detector module before starting the code?  Only if you are
intimately familiar with the terminology used in the code.  For someone not
familiar with Asterisk, moh could very well result in the standard "huh?"

As Asterisk gets more and more popular and gets more media exposure, then
this list will see a higher level of questions from people quite new to
asterisk.  Expect to see alot of questions that fall along these lines as
well as alot of questions that could be answered by diligent use of google.

Thats just the way it is.  Oh, and don't forget, the portion of people
using Outlook will increase too.  Of course this also means alot more money
will start to flow into the "Asterisk" world as well, as generally you can
find a direct relation of money and Outlook.

Sorry for going WAY WAY WAY off topic, but the meanness level of this list
has shot through the roof in the last 3 months or so, and I don't know
about anyone else, but I imagine more people than I read these one liner
"are you an idiot" responses and get a little ticked at it.  So take a
moment before you kick out a post and try to be helpful without wrapping up
a grenade or scorpion along with the present.

-Chris