[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk-Users List Etiquette

Jeremy Hall jeremyhall at mpccorp.com
Wed Jun 16 08:40:23 MST 2004

Kevin Walsh <mailto:kevin at cursor.biz> scribbled on Tuesday, June 15,
2004 2:32 PM:

> If you use Microsoft Outlook then you might find this utility
> interesting:
>
>     http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/

Just a note for those using Word as their editor (an option you can
configure from the Outlook Options/Mail Format menu:)  This plug-in will
not work when using Word as your editor.  Word does not provide any
quoting besides indentation.  I use Outlook here at work (don't have a
choice) and had to change my editor back to Outlook in order to get this
working right.

I personally prefer top-posting for most things when following a thread
as I can open the new message and the most recent comments are right at
the top.  If I need a refresher, I can read down further.  It is similar
to the way newspaper articles are written, the most relevant information
at the top.

On the flip side, reading archived messages are a bigger pain when
top-posted, so I can definitely understand why some people complain.

Jeremy

Disclaimer: 16/6/2004

MPC Computers is providing the following information in compliance with federal regulations:

MPC Computers, LLC
906 E. Karcher Road
Nampa, Idaho 83687
1-888-224-4247
http://www.mpccorp.com

If you wish to unsubscribe to all e-mail communications with MPC, please click on the link below.