[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 hangup on transfer

Lars Boegild Thomsen lth at cow.dk
Wed Jun 16 03:10:26 MST 2004

Hi,

> Now it is pretty obvious that my setup is ok since it work half the
> times. Forbidding transfers is not a good idea - the whole point of this
> setup is to be able to transfer since network wise the two systems with
> dynamic addresses are much closer to each other (ping round-trip of
> about 40 ms) compared with the one with fixed (about 400 ms ping
> round-trip from EACH of the dynamic systems).
> Maybe, maybe when the IPs on dynamic servers change, * has different
> information internally hence the transfer fails?

Nope - not that either :)  The IP only change on the rare occations my xDSL
line craps out - say every second day or so.  The PPP daemon reconnects and
on those occation I do get a new IP.  Asterisk however reregister with the
new IP address without problems.

I by the way found a fix by patching the chan_iax2.c - see the bug tracker
for details.

Regards,

Lars