[Asterisk-Users] Choppy sound ONLY when a voicemail is left

Gonzalo Servat gs at webtastic.com.au
Tue Jun 15 18:11:15 MST 2004

Hi All,

Whenever a call comes in via the ISDN and somebody leaves a voicemail,
the sound file recorded is very choppy. If I actually take the call, the
sound is not choppy so it's obviously something to do with the Asterisk
box itself having to do the recording. Perhaps the sound card drivers?
I'm using the stock i810_audio (OSS) drivers on Fedora Core 1.

If I call from a local VoIP client to the Asterisk box and leave a
voicemail, the sound is NOT choppy.

No errors on the Asterisk console.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,