[Asterisk-Users] IVR Prompt errors (scratchy)

William J Mandra william.mandra at us.army.mil
Tue Jun 15 13:18:22 MST 2004

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I have my * box configured to
give the caller a menu (press 1 for sales, etc.) the only inbound
connections to * are via SIP (although a X100P and TDM400P are installed,
just not physically connected to any phone lines) once in a while the
playback will become unrecognizable to the caller. All of the menu prompts
were recorded in GSM format using the * Record command. I didn't have this
problem when I was using a standard PSTN through the X100P, it only started
to occur after I disconnected the PSTN and got a SIP phone #.  Any
suggestions????  Reboots seem to help, but I can't sit next to the * box
rebooting it all day :)

Bill