[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P FXO problems

Bartek Kania mrbk at gnarf.org
Tue Jun 15 12:53:06 MST 2004

Hi!

I live in Sweden and I am having problems getting asterisk to properly
detect when a caller hangs up.

And yes, I DO have disconnect-supervision on my line.

Also asterisk sometimes misinterprets the disconnect-signal as another
incoming call. This usually happens if I hang up first and then when
the caller hangs up, asterisk treats it as a new call.

I have tested this with asterisk from cvs HEAD as of today, and the
"stable 1.0 version".
zaptel driver is cvs head. Also as of today.

I have also tested with both callprogress = yes and no, but no luck.

I plugged in my multimeter into the phoneline to see what actually
happens here.
This is how a call is signalled in sweden:
1) Line polarity reverses
   This is to mark the beginning of the CallerID
2) CallerID is sent using DTMF
   Don't know the system used, but I remember seeing a post about it
   in the archives.
2) Polarity reversed again
   Probably to mark the end of the CallerID
3) Ring signal is sent
4) Called party answers the call'
5) Polarity reverses
   I don't know why this is. Probably some indication that the call is
   in progress.
6) Parties talk (actually, I talked to myself =))
7) callER hangs up
8) Polarity reverses
   This is the disconnect-notification.

It seems that each "data-phase" is started by a polarity reversal, and
ends when polarity reverses again.

Asterisk seems to interpret step 1 as a new incoming call, and will
answer immediately if I dont have a wait()-statement in my
extensions.conf.
This has the interresting sideffect that asterisk mistakes the
callerID for an extension dialed by the caller.
Asterisk doesn't recognize step 8 as a disconnect-notification, and if
the phoneline was already on hook (according to asterisk) it will
misinterpret this step as a new incoming call.

I hope this is enough for someone to help me or give me some pointers
on where to look.

/B

- --
* GPG-Key: http://evil.gnarf.org/mrbk.pgp