[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP 600

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Tue Jun 15 09:34:57 MST 2004

Hello,

the new Soundpoint 1.2 SIP release is on the Asterisk Polycom site for
download:

http://www.freedomphones.net/polycom/files/SoundPoint-IP_SIP_1.2.0.zip

included with it is the new Admin Guide.

Other older Polycom Soundpoint files are also available for download on the
site:

http://www.freedomphones.net/polycom/files/

Polycom Support will tell you that they don't send releases to non-certified
partners, but the truth is that they are a hardware company and they will
send you whatever releases you want if you either buy enough phones, go
through a reseller that will support you(like ReviewVideo in Chicago) or get
a contact far enough up the chain of command at Polycom to decide to give
you the software.

I was in talks with the VP of IP phone sales at Polycom for months and he
said they were ready to work with the Asterisk community if a large reseller
would step up to be the official reseller that they deal with in relation to
the Asterisk community(they would even give us a contact in their
engineering department). I was never able to get one of their resellers to
agree to it without adding extra cost to the price of the phones. If someone
is interested in taking up the cause and they have more free time than I do,
send me an email and I'll let you know everything I know about it.

Enjoy,

MATT---