[Asterisk-Users] <<< GSM Audio Files >>>

jeff quade jjq90 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 05:19:36 MST 2004

Apollon-Stephan/others--

Thanks-- just what the doctor ordered.
Well get on those solutions today.

Just to complete the thread--
If anyone else has ideas, ie the names of Mac or PC software which produces
the "correct" GSM file-- PLEASE POST it to this thread.

Also-
If anyone has produced the "correct" GSM files from ProTools-- It would be
interesting to know the settings-- ProTools-HD has MANY settings which allow
you to do custom compression, etc. It would be nice to know how to stay in
the ProTools environ to get these ***GSM files*** (as opposed to the .wav
solution suggested by Apollon-- which seems like a ***VERY NICE***
solution.)

**** I have been told that ProTools WILL NOT sample (or resample) at 8K--
This is a "FEATURE" of their software as they want to only ALLOW High
Quality audio masters, and the Rep has told me the 8K samples "sound like
crap". (I can not confirm this as I have never seen the HD version of the PT
software)

THANKS AGAIN.
JJJQ