[Asterisk-Users] Outgoing DTMF when using BRI & i4l (Eicon Diva) - problems

Shaun Ewing asterisk at ewing.tk
Tue Jun 15 01:30:50 MST 2004

Hello all,

This afternoon I had a BRI line installed by Telstra (our telco in
Australia). I'm using an Eicon Diva 2.02 PCI ISDN card with the isdn4linux
driver.

Incoming and outgoing calls with Asterisk work fine (and with no echo - my
main reason for getting ISDN). However, I can't seem to get outgoing DTMF
working (incoming works fine).

I made a call from my desk phone (Cisco 7940G) to a POTS(PSTN) phone to test
and pressed a few buttons - nothing came through.

I know it's not a configuration issue between the phones (confirmed with
Cisco 7940, Grandstream Budgetone 101 and X-Lite softphone) and Asterisk as
outbound dtmf works with iax providers and my X100P card.

I came across a similar issue in the archives using the same ISDN card, but
there was no resolution.

If anybody has any insight it would be greatly appreciated. My modem.conf
file is at the end of this email if it helps.

Thanks,

Shaun

Begin modem.conf

[interfaces]

context=incoming-isdn
driver=i4l
language=en
type=autodetect
;This I'm doing directly in the extension.conf
;stripmsd=1

dialtype=tone
;dialtype=pulse

;mode=answer
;mode=ring
mode=immediate

; ISDN example

group=1
;registered one number.
msn=4625xxxx
;accepting several more. Could have used * as well
;incomingmsn=57966,57881,57882,57883,57884,57885,57886,57887
incomingmsn=4625xxxx
device => /dev/ttyI0
device => /dev/ttyI1