[Asterisk-Users] simple asterisk SIP proxy

Sait KARALAR sait at karalar.com
Tue Jun 15 00:48:40 MST 2004

Hi list,

I installed asterisk with h323 support (on debian, from deb
ftp://debian.marlow.dk/ sid asterisk )

I tried, and have a quick look at the list archive and documentation.

But I could not manager to do what I want.

I want asterisk as a simple SIP <=> h323 Proxy Server.

SIP clients registers to asterisk.

Asterisk send's all calls to h323 gatekeeper.
h323 gatekeeper is also sends all calls (if SIP enabled client) to this
proxy to contact with client.

to do this, only proxied. no other extra thing is required.

Authenticate SIP clients, and accept/forward calls.

To do this, what kind of configuration I need ? I success to connect h323
GK from asterisk.
I success the connect asterisk via SIP client. But I cannot manager calls.
I could not understand what happens in any way.
logger FULL and DEBUG file shows nothing about my call from SIP client
(namely ATA186 now, configured for asterisk and SIP)

have idea? a simple config file ?