[Asterisk-Users] ASTERISK V. SER

Joshua Colp joshnet at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon Jun 14 07:04:29 MST 2004

Hello,

I can tell you what asterisk is but as for SER... well, I've never dealt
with it. Asterisk is a linux pbx solution combining multiple protocols (IAX,
H323, SIP, Skinny, MGCP, SCCP) so that they can each talk to eachother and
multiple codecs (one can use G729 and the other can use ULAW for example).
Asterisk also provides other features such as voicemail, hold on music, call
display, etc.

- Joshua Colp.