[Asterisk-Users] collaboration with Panasonic PBX

Shoval Tomer shoval at softov.co.il
Mon Jun 14 05:48:47 MST 2004

> Are all the isdn bri slots on the mainboard used already? Or can you
get
> it with a mainboard without 4 bri ports? That was the only option when
we
> purchased ours, but that was 7-8 years ago.

We had a BRI Interface in the past, but we replace it with a 16 FXS
board. Now the PBX is maxed out (8 lines, 48 FXS ports, plus 8 or 16
"SMART" FXS ports)

> > The IP phones will be at the remote office. And users in HQ will
just
> > use the regular extensions, and dial 8 (for instance) as a prefix to
get
> > one of the two lines connected to Asterisk from the PBX.
>
> 8 is reserved for trunk-seiziure (followed by the number of the trunk
> seize) by default on a kx-td1232.

We have 12 trunk-seizures - if you're referring to CO lines.

> > My question is can I use X100P cards to connect Analog lines from
the
> > PBX to Asterisk, and utilize both calls from HQ to the IP Phones and
> > calls from the IP Phones to HQ this way.
>
> It ought to work. You will not get DDI support but that is not needed
in
> your case I think.

If DDI stands for Direct Dial In, then you're right, and I don't need
them.

Thanks for you help.
Shoval