[Asterisk-Users] <<< GSM Audio Files >>>

jeff quade jjq90 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 14 05:17:56 MST 2004

Hello:

Thanks for the input so far.

Heres the issue--
This is a production environment-- where many people "touch" the files.
ie-- The audio engineer is a freelancer who wants to master the files at the
highest quality TO HIS EAR and experience-- He knows NADA, Not a thing about
SOX-- but is a ProTools GURU.

The SOX resampled files work on our asterisk box-- but I gotta put someone
else in the loop-- resampling the audio engineers .wav or .aiff files (hes a
radio guy who works in .aiff at 44.1-32bit float)

Im looking for a solution (software, and prefs) which will take the middle
man (and SOX) out of the production loop-- ie the Audio Engineer simply
masters and hands off GSM files which will work.

I was hoping to find someone who has produced the "correct" gsm files
without SOX, on either a MAC or PC.

HELP, again, WOULD BE ***GREATLY APPRECIATED***

Cheers-
jjq