[Asterisk-Users] collaboration with Panasonic PBX

Shoval Tomer shoval at softov.co.il
Mon Jun 14 04:30:20 MST 2004

> If you mean connecting the X100P to an analog extension line then that
> will work both for incoming and outgoing. Note that the KX-TD1232
analog
> lines do not provide caller id, at least ours do not.

I can live without callerid for now. All I want to know is will it work.

> Another option could be to connect Asterisk using an internal isdn
> extension. We have a few isdn modems hanging off our pbx that way and
they
> get callerid etc so Asterisk should be able to as well. We interface
> Asterisk to our pbx using a pri line instead so I have not tried using
> bri line myself.

Both these options require that I'd put a matching interface in the PBX.
This means purchasing a card for the PBX, for no small fee, and is
undoable as there's no expansion room left in it.

I have a couple of Analog line extensions free, and we thought to use
them so we can make calls to our remote office via VOIP.

Like so:

Phone Extensions ----- PBX ----- Asterisk ----------- IP Phone

The IP phones will be at the remote office. And users in HQ will just
use the regular extensions, and dial 8 (for instance) as a prefix to get
one of the two lines connected to Asterisk from the PBX.

My question is can I use X100P cards to connect Analog lines from the
PBX to Asterisk, and utilize both calls from HQ to the IP Phones and
calls from the IP Phones to HQ this way.