[Asterisk-Users] <<< GSM AUDIOFiles >>>

jeff quade jjq90 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 14 03:37:37 MST 2004

Hello:

I would like to produce some GSM Prompt audio files for a Telephone
Directory Project-- and have hired a freelance audio engineer to record, and
edit the actual files--

However the GSM files he gives me to upload into asterisk DO NOT work when
played back throgh "Stream File" or "Get Data" in my agi. It seems that
there may be more than one GSM file type (with header and without, linear
compressed, quadratically compressed--etc)

I have read this doc-- but we need an answer which DOES NOT USE SOX:

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Convert+WAV+audio+files+for+use+in+Asterisk

Can anyone please point me to, or post the correct way to produce a high
quality, asterisk acceptable, GSM file WITHOUT using SOX?

We will be using PROTOOLS-Mix-Plus, or can use PROTOOLS-HD to produce our
audio files-- But are looking for ANY Macintosh or PC Audio-Production
software suggestion , (outside of using SOX) which will take an .aiff or
.wav file and turn it into a GSM file.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED- THANX.

Thanks-
JJQ