[Asterisk-Users] TE410P in Austria

Wolfgang Pichler madmin at dialog-telekom.at
Mon Jun 14 03:10:48 MST 2004

hi all,

i've now installed a TE410P (Quad T1/E1 Primary Card - Digium) and
connected it to a primary line. My telco (eTel) only told me that they
are using hdb3 and crc4. So i still don't know which coding i have to
use (cas or ccs) - and what timing options i have to use.

Have someone already get a card like this up in Austria with a line from
eTel or from the telekom Austria ?

Another technics told me that it could be that i will need a different
cable - could this be ?

At time my configuration is:
-------------/etc/zaptel.conf----------------
span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
span=2,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15
bchan=17-31
bchan=32-46
bchan=48-62
dchan=16
dchan=47

loadzone=at
defaultzone=at

-----------/etc/asterisk/zaptel.conf-------------
[channels]
switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_cpe
pridialplan = local
group = 1
context = default
channel => 1-15
channel => 17-31

switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_cpe
pridialplan = local
group = 2
context=default
channel => 32-46
channel => 48-62

Another thing - for the wct4xxp module - do i really need to restart the
whole pc so that changes in /etc/zaptel.conf take effect, or do i only
need to reinsert the module - rerun ztcfg ?

hope someone here can help me

best regards
Wolfgang