[Asterisk-Users] Spanish, Portuguese, other recordings for Allison

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Sun Jun 13 14:16:20 MST 2004

Hello -
   I am going to have Allison record some "intro"
messages in my next round of text to her.  I'd
like to have a consistent voice during the first
messages at a company, even if the user presses
buttons that take them to a different voice for
the alternate language.

   In other words, I'd like to have Allison say:

Thank you for calling Foo, Incorporated.  Para
continuar en español, presione un.  If you know
the extension of the person you wish to reach,
dial it now.  For sales, press 3.  For... [etc.]

   The trick here is to have the leader into the
alternate language in the same voice as the rest
of the primary message - I don't want to have two
people's voices in the main intro for an IVR
system.

   I'd like to have Allison record in her voice
the short phrases in alternate languages, but I
am uncertain if she has a full grasp of the
pronunciation of these short phrase groups.  I
would like to get someone with a good accent in
Spanish and Portuguese to send me via email the
following phrases as a recording (.mp3 or .wav)
so I can have Allison mimic the accent and
pronunciation when she records it in her own
voice.  Since my translation is limited to
babblefish, I won't even translate here what the
words should be - you're the native speaker, you
tell me what it should sound like.  :-)

For [Spanish, Portuguese, etc.], press
To continue in [Spanish, Portuguese, etc.], press
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
zero
star [the star key, or whatever word is used for that key]
pound [the pound, or hash, key or whatever word is used for that key]

Other Western European languages are welcome,
though I expect Allison may have a tough time
with languages if they are distant from English.

As usual, these will be made publicly available to the Asterisk community.

JT