[Asterisk-Users] Local calls to x100p all else to iax term

Hermann Wecke hermann at wecke.com
Sat Jun 12 23:26:37 MST 2004

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004, Jacob Hunter wrote:
> I have a list of all my local prefixes(free) on my POTS.  Is there a
> way to integrate that so * decides
> if it is going to use iax or POTS?  There is about 60 prefixes..
> 1831-XXX

If I understood what you are asking, just do this:

; your first prefix will be 555
exten => _91831555XXXX,1,Dial(pstn...)
; your second prefix will be 678
exten => _91831678XXXX,1,Dial(pstn...)
; ok, no match from any of the previous 60 prefixes, so IAX
exten => _91NXNNNNNNNN.,1,Dial(IAX...)

Remember that you can "combine" prefixes using the exten "regular
expression":

; your first prefix will be 555, 556, 557, 558 or 559
exten => _9183155[5-9]XXXX,1,Dial(pstn...)