[Asterisk-Users] Problem with E1

David Morillo dmorillo at nviasms.com
Sat Jun 12 06:19:11 MST 2004

        Hi
        I'm from spain, so forgive my English. I'm somewhat new to
asterisk, and i'm having trouble in getting my line to work (i'm in a
little hurry!). I have an E100P, and it seems everything is configured
ok, but when receiving a call, I get the following message "D-Channel on
span 1 up" (four times), then the call ends, asterisk says "D-Channel on
span 1 down". And that's all.
        My telco says they reveive no answer on the line. Asterisk gets
the call and does nothing.
        I have done the cable from the modem to the card myself,
crossing pins 1 and 2 with 4 and 5 respectively, as my telco has told
me, and the card shows a greed led (not the flashing red I had when
using a LAN crossover cable). Can the cable be the problem?
        I'm using asterisk CVS-05/11/04-17:24:48
                 Zaptel.conf
                 --------------
                 span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
                 bchan=1-15
                 dchan=16
                 bchan=17-31
                 loadzone = es
                 defaultzone=es

                 Zapata.conf:
                 --------------
                 [channels]
                 language=es
                 context=default
                 switchtype=euroisdn
                 signalling=pri_cpe
                 usecallerid=yes
                 hidecallerid=no
                 callwaiting=yes
                 usecallingpres=yes
                 callwaitingcallerid=yes
                 threewaycalling=yes
                 transfer=yes
                 cancallforward=yes
                 callreturn=yes
                 echocancel=yes
                 echocancelwhenbridged=yes
                 rxgain=0.0
                 txgain=0.0
                 callgroup=1
                 pickupgroup=1
                 immediate=no
                 jitterbuffers=4
                 group = 1
                 channel => 1-15,17-31

                 I have also tried with
                 	span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3
                 I have asked for crc, but its not active  in my telco.

                 Can anyone help?
                 By the way, how can I print information on zap
"intensive" debugging to a file in case I need to post?

                 Thanks a lot!