[Asterisk-Users] Prepending for 9NxxNxxx - adding the area code for 7 digit dialing

Reid A. Forrest reid at cvtelecom.com
Sat Jun 12 04:25:58 MST 2004

I do something very similar with my home system. I'm using Voicepulse, and
want to be able to dial 10 digits instead of 11 for local calls. My local
area codes are 321 and 407. Everything else is considered LD.

exten => _407NXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/username at voicepulse/1${EXTEN})
exten => _321NXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/username at voicepulse/1${EXTEN})
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/username at voicepulse/${EXTEN})

Assuming I wanted to dial only 7 digits for calls within 407 I could do this:

exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/username at voicepulse/1407${EXTEN})

Hope this helps!
Reid