[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk newbie help !!

Carlton J. O'Riley CORILEY at comcast.net
Fri Jun 11 08:49:37 MST 2004

Contexts is the concept you're missing here.  What context is the usb phone
in when it starts to dial?  This is where the extensions would need to be
defined.  Contexts can be a little different for some to understand, you
should read the Asterisk handbook or poke around http://www.voip-info.org to
get an understanding of how extensions (dialing plans, really) are exposed
to individual hardware devices.  This is how Asterisk implements its
security to only expose certain dialing patterns to designated phones.