[Asterisk-Users] phone calls betweens phones behind the same nat

Soren Rathje asterisk at lolle.org
Fri Jun 11 08:08:24 MST 2004

BTW..

Q1: Are you using HEAD or STABLE?

Q2: Are you using "bindaddr", "externip", "localnet" and "localmask" in your SIP.CONF?

Something tells me that the CVS HEAD version of Asterisk is smart enough to figure out if we'r inside or outside...

(chan_sip.c checked out june-10)
/*--- ast_sip_ouraddrfor: NAT fix - decide which IP address to use for ASterisk server? ---*/
/* Only used for outbound registrations */
static int ast_sip_ouraddrfor(struct in_addr *them, struct in_addr *us)
{
 /*
  * Using the localaddr structure built up with localnet statements
  * apply it to their address to see if we need to substitute our
  * externip or can get away with our internal bindaddr
  */

Then again, I could be wrong.. ;-)

-- Soren