[Asterisk-Users] phone calls betweens phones behind the same nat

Soren Rathje asterisk at lolle.org
Fri Jun 11 07:16:04 MST 2004

if Asterisk publishes the external IP address in the SIP messages you get trapped in the "NAT Trap"..

internal IP1 -> NAT -> external IP -> NAT -> internal IP2

He.. Take a string/thread/wire, make a loop and put it through the hole in a coin, place a match/stick in the loop going through the coin, pull the string tight so the match/stick is flat against the coin. Now, pull one end of the string while holding the coin.... Get it ??

Not that many devices can do this... And if the do, they cost really big money... :-)

-- Soren