[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk newbie help !!

digvijay singh ds98127 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 11 06:16:01 MST 2004

hi,
I got a digit networks x100p card and instaled asterisk. everything went
fine and upon calling the phone  asterisk issues a notification. Now i plan
to turn it into an ivr and modified extensions.conf to first record some
messages , problem is
1-)I am not able to understand how extensions refer to in my case ( a single
analog phone line plugged into line jack and a phone into the phone jack ,
the usb has another normal phone attached to it through a usbfxo) provided
with the starter kit.
I tried adding a 9205 extension so as to record my messages but am clueless
on how to reach this extension...dialing 9205 from any of my 2 phones( usb
and one through the phone slot in x100p) does not help( was a wild idea ..i
know ) ... this is what i added to my extensions.conf...
#################
Exten => 9205,1,Wait(2)
Exten => 9205,2,Record(/tmp/asterisk-recording:gsm)
Exten => 9205,3,Wait(2)
Exten => 9205,4,Playback (/tmp/asterisk-recording)
Exten => 9205,5,wait(2)
Exten => 9205,6,Hangup

2-)there was a error message regarding the sound card which i got rif of by
using noload=> oss  .
How can i hear any default messages stored with asterisk ( if any) through
my phone.....and which one should i use ..the one connected to usb or the
one connected to phone jack on the card ..?

Any further help/guidance on IVR is gladly appreciated...
thanks
digvijay