[Asterisk-Users] "Caller ID" question

Tor Houghton torh at bogus.net
Fri Jun 11 01:16:56 MST 2004

Since caller ID does not work with my FXO card, I am wondering if Asterisk
supports the following extensions functionality.

When a call comes in, I'd like to give the caller an opportunity to enter an
extension if he/she knows it; if not, Asterisk will dial one or more default
handsets. I know Asterisk can do this, but is it possible to change the
default "caller id" when the call reaches a handset?

I basically want to know if a call has been "direct dialled" or not.

Tor