[Asterisk-Users] Primustel a.k.a. Lingo $20/month unlimited service

Simon Dorfman EmailLists at SimonDorfman.com
Thu Jun 10 18:38:47 MST 2004

Thanks Wojciech and Stephan for the info.

Maybe it's silly to reply to my own post, but I have since found much more
info on the subject.

1. There is a thread about Lingo's service at dslreports here:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,10442660~mode=flat
Most info below is gathered from there.

2. It looks like the hardware they send you is:
D-Link DVG-1120 VoIP gateway

3. Codecs used: G711, G729, and G723 -Controllable
T.38 fax supported

4. Western European = UK, Germany, France, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands,
Belgium, Denmark, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, Austria, Luxembourg, Vatican
City, Norway, Portugal, and Spain. Calls to mobile phones are not included.

5. Price: $19.95/month give unlimited calls to U.S.A., Canada, & Western
Europe (see #4).  Their current offer give the first 3 months for free.  But
there is a $29.95 activation fee and a $9.95 shipping fee.  So basically the
activation fee plus shipping is about $40.  So in effect, you are really
only getting one month of free service.

If you enter a referrer's name and email address while signing up, both you
and the referrer get a $25 credit to your account.  I wish I would have
known this when I signed up last night.  But feel free to use my name and
email while signing up so we can both get a $25 credit:
Name: Simon
Email: simonATsimondorfman.com  (replace AT with @)

6. You can try the service for 30 days and get a full refund but you have to
pay for shipping to send back their hardware.  If you cancel service after
30 days but before 1 year, they will charge a $39.95 cancellation fee.  But
if you send back the hardware, they will waive the cancellation fee.

I'll let y'all know how my experience goes with this service as soon as I
get my hardware (3-5 biz days).
Simon in New Orleans