[Asterisk-Users] A couple of newbie questoins

Timothy P. Schlie thumper at VIPeCommerce.com
Thu Jun 10 16:21:09 MST 2004

I have a couple of questions I have looked everywhere for the answer and
cannot find.

1) Musiconhold.  I have turned on moh in musiconhold.conf, I have
musiconhold=default in zapata.conf, and I have a Wildcard X101P thats working
fine.  If I connect to the musiconhold, I hear the audio, but it's very
distorted, like it's over-driven.  I'm running gentoo, and I emerged mpg123
version 0.59s-r3, which I believe is the real player that is required.  The
mp3 file sounds fine played elsewhere.  Is this some audio codec issue?

2) Voicemail with multiple sites.  I'm running IAX2 between two offices, both
with local ip phones.  I have set up to call the remote office when you dial
that office's extensions, and that works fine: the IAX2 is set up right.  The
issue is that I want users in one office to be able to forward vm messages to
users in the other office.  The obvious solution is to run all vm at one
office.  But when I try to get the vm from the remote office, I can't
authenticate.  I'm thinking that the switch statement may help by connecting
the dialplans, but I've not been able to get that running.  Switch might also
help with remote extensions too.  Anyone have a CLEAR example of how to use
switch?  All the ones I've seen are quite confusing.

Any help with these problems would be very much appreciated.  Thanks in
advance.