[Asterisk-Users] incoming DTMF on iConnectHere?

Michael Swan swan at neon.com
Thu Jun 10 15:30:58 MST 2004

At 02:13 PM 6/10/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Replying to your post before mine hit the list..
>
> > "Please be advised that we do not support PBX system for
> > receiving DTMF sounds. We understand that it was working
> > for you in the past, but it is not a function that our
> > network is set up to support."
>So what about my analog answering machine that's connected to my ATA that's
>connected to your service? Seems I can't retrieve my messages remotely any
>more. I'm not a happy customer. ;-)
>
>Seriously.. I'll give 'em a shout.. and if they tell me the same thing, I'll
>probably cancel my account and go with a different provider. Passing DTMF
>through the network is a basic thing - have they made a business decision
>not to support it, or has some engineer forgotten to flip a switch?

Hi,

I had iConnectHere's disable voicemail on my account but that did not
change the lack of DTMF on incoming calls. I don't believe they made a
business decision to disable DTMF: it simply stopped working with their
new voicemail system.

BTW, DTMF on incoming calls seems to be a problem for many SIP
providers. We don't get DTMF on Voiceglo nor on BroadVoice either.
We're still trying to work with BroadVoice to correct the problem because
their service is excellent otherwise.

Michael Swan
Neon Software, Inc.