[Asterisk-Users] Problem with * not detecting hangup on FXO and VM going into an infinite loop

Chris Hirsch chris at base2technology.com
Thu Jun 10 14:16:59 MST 2004

>If you where on google and saw the same questions, you should have been
>able to follow the rabbit further down the hole by playing with the
>links at the bottom of the pages google provided. You would have seen
>use rant regularly that you need to work just a tad harder to find the
>answer. It is there. It is consistently the same problem.
>
>You lack disconnect supervision. The only way to know the line has been
>hungup is to use progress detection and possibly tweak for your
>location.

Thank you humoring a newbie...I realize that we're a dime a dozen on
this list and there a trillion emails that go through here a day
basically asking the same thing...You have answered what I couldn't seem
to find and that * can't know about remote hangups if its a not digital
line. FXO doesn't cut it in this case...However there was an email Jorge
J. Ramirez S. that stated that if I do a Hangup() after all Voicemail
access that this should also solve my problem..so I thank you both!!
I'll be posting this back to the wiki if it solves my problem and
actually post back to jaiger on #asterisk who was also having the same
problem.

I'm not usually a leech..just people don't ask questions about stuff I
know :-)

Thanks again!
Chris

--
It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money.  And I guess
that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back

http://ccicolorado.org
Exceptional Dogs for Exceptional People - Help Out Today!