[Asterisk-Users] Presence

Chris Tooley ctooley at ntrc.net
Thu Jun 10 11:31:07 MST 2004

This is a wonderful idea.  I like the app_im concept a lot.

I'd make a few additions though.  Like the ability to have festival read
the "Away" message as the Voicemail message.  I'd definitely change my
voicemail more often if I could do it by changing my Jabber away
message.

I would suggest that Jabber would be a more effective first target
though, as with it comes the ability to hit AIM/ICQ/MSN/Yahoo/etc users
via a simple proxy.  Having just the one implementation would simplify
things.

Chris Tooley