[Asterisk-Users] Sending # and Asterisk Transfer Conflict

Thu Jun 10 07:19:51 MST 2004

I've been avoiding commenting on this thread because I haven't studied
the code enough, or my current problem, but anyway, here is my 0.02c
worth...

I found the documentation to be OK, and the app seems to do some
fantastic things, which the current call parking can't do. However, the
real reason I was bothered to look at it was because I need to park a
call from the manager interface.
I almost get what I need from:
exten => 799,1,ParkAndAnnounce(PARKED, 240, Zap/127-1, desks)
except I don't really want to specify a channel to announce where it is
parked, I want the manager interface to see where it has been parked so
that it can be pulled back when needed.

I also tried:
exten => 800,1,ValetParkCall(auto,mylot,360,s,10,remote)
but again had various problems with it... probably related to where it
will get sent back to (ie, back to the operator instead of the original
channel).

I would like to (unless there is a better way) send a manager command to
say park the call on channel xxxx and hangup the other channel, in the
process tell the manager interface where the call has been parked.
Currently I do this with the Action: Redirect to point it to one of the
above extensions.

Later I can send a Action: Redirect to redirect the parked call to the
extension I want to...

So, if anyone has any comments/suggestions on the above, I would appreciate it.
Otherwise tomorrow I might be forced to look at the source code in more detail.
This is dangerous, since in reality I don't know c ...

Regards,
Adam