[Asterisk-Users] TE405P PRI B-channel resets

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Jun 9 11:10:41 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 11:12, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> I understand from the archives that * does this occassionally, but I'm trying
> to figure out why.
>
> * didn't do this at all for two days, and then it's gone and done it 3 times
> in the past hour.  It does not seem to be affecting calls, I'm just curious
> as to the reasoning behind the B channel resets and why they are so erratic.

I'll admit that due to my experience with asterisk, I have seen this
question enough to look deeper.

In channels/chan_zap.c you will find this.
#define RESET_INTERVAL  3600    /* How often (in seconds) to reset unused channels */

If memory serves, Mark noticed this behavior on an adtran unit and
mimicked it. It should only affect idle B channels.