[Asterisk-Users] Replacing a Cisco Call Manager

Pablo Endres epablo at comvoz.com
Wed Jun 9 09:51:05 MST 2004

Hi,

This post may be a little off topic but I've seen lots of good ideas com
from the list, so here it goes:

I'm in the need of replacing Cisco Call Manager 3.2 that
I have working as my primary GK.  I thought I could replace
it with gnugk, but it lackes some of the functionality that
I need:

1.) Route retrying.  If a call placed on a route fails for some reason
try other routes
2.) LCR. Least Cost Routing, send the call through the cheapest provider
3.) Dynamic route designation.  I can place in a database criteria int
he order routes should be taken by the LCR algorithem.
4.) Last but not least, GK support.  Look like a GK to my Routers.
5.) Work well with h323 (My termination providers work with that
protocol).
6.) I have to use the g729 codec (Heres one of the cons, $$$)

Any ideas on how to set this up.  I know must of the features work very
well in asterisk, the rest I could cook up with some AGI scripting.  But
the main question is, do you recomend doing this with * or should I
point another way?

Thanks in advance

--
Pablo Endres <epablo at comvoz.com>