[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Early Dial

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Tue Jun 8 23:30:14 MST 2004

> This is called overlapdial in zaptel. It works on all zaptel cards i've
> tested so far, also the zapbri cards. Chan_capi supports it aswell...
> (called Early B3 iirc), and with the iaxy it is no problem either...
> (it starts a call when picking up the hook)

It does not correctly work with IAX.

For example, in my dialplan I have entries like this:

exten=91,1,Milliwatt
exten=_89.,3,Dial(IAX2/254041:<mypw>@iax2.fwdnet.net/${EXTEN:2},60,r)

When I dial "9" "1" everything is ok.

When I dial "8" and "9", Asterisks does not yet connect to FWD, it waits
for one more digit. Say I want tor each the number test over there, 958.
So I continue to dial, here "9".

At this point I get a busy tone.

I continue with the "5" and still have busy tone.

Being a persistent person (sometimes), I'm not getting irritated and still
continue to dial, now the "8". And suddenly I get throught and FWD tells
me my phone number.

Is there any trick to get rid of the annoying busy tone?   I already have
the "r" dial option ("indicate ringing to the calling party, pass no
audio until answered").