[Asterisk-Users] HOBIC

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Jun 8 21:49:05 MST 2004

At 9:59 PM -0600 on 6/8/04, Michael Welter wrote:
>Has anyone implemented HOBIC SMDR output from *?
>
>Can someone point me to the Bell HOBIC specification?
>
>Thanks,
>
>--
>Michael Welter
>Introspect Telephony Corp.
>Denver, Colorado
>+1 303 674 2575
>mike at introspect.com
>www.introspect.com

Sounds like you're making a system to interface Asterisk with a hotel
billing system.  Can't help you with direct answers to your
questions, since I'm not certain of the answers, but here are some
hints:

This might be an SMDR specification (search for "SMDR"):

http://www.morehouse.org/hin/ess/ess16.htm

This appears to be a HOBIC spec, but it's highly suspect since it
appears on a vendor site with no reference to a "standard: (note:
holodex is not standard, though the HOBIC messages inside of it might
be):

http://www.autoclerk.com/specweb.html

This looked interesting, too (SIP to SMDR):

http://www.ini.cmu.edu/ITC/berger.pdf

This also looked interesting, as it seems there are a large number of
protocols which you may actually want to implement other than just
HOBIC itself:

http://www.winncom.com/moreinfo/item/716-1017-001%20%20%20/

JT