[Asterisk-Users] Don't want a ring before voice menu

Rob Fugina robf at geekthing.com
Tue Jun 8 11:28:03 MST 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 01:52:44PM -0400, jparr at bgcfreedom.com wrote:
> You are using analog lines? If so, asterisk has no way of knowing the
> phone is ringing, until it rings.

Even if the called end is digital (ISDN or PRI), isn't it possible that
the phone system on the calling end could indicate ringing before the
call has going through completely?  I seem to remember, on more than one
occasion, hearing at least half a ring indication before getting a busy
signal, and just this on the PSTN...  PRM, or Positive Response Mode --
does that ring a bell with anybody?

Rob

--
Rob Fugina, Systems Guy
robf at geekthing.com -- http://www.geekthing.com

All we have to do is stop idiot-proofing the world
and pretty soon we'll run out of idiots...