[Asterisk-Users] AGI + g729A

Osvaldo Mundim osvaldo at ilinksolutions.com
Tue Jun 8 06:56:40 MST 2004

Hi Philipp,

I'm not receiving my emails sent to the list. I thought my email was
not in the asterisk-users list anymore. But anyways..

About the DIAL application, I'm currently use the DIAL application from
an AGI program to connect call to Zap channels (i.e, the caller calls
an DID number, I do some checks and then call and atendent who is
connect to a Zhone channel bank). This setup works fine.

The problem is that when I receive calls from IAX2 using g729A, I do
the same checks and then call the atendent. But when my AGI program
execute the DIAL application, Asterisk says me the it could not create
the Zap channel as follows:

     -- Executing Goto("IAX2[callfwd2 at misc1]/16386", "100|1") in new
stack
     -- Goto (default,100,1)
     -- Executing AGI("IAX2[callfwd2 at misc1]/16386", "exm") in new stack
     -- Launched AGI Script /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/exm
     -- AGI Script Executing Application: (DIAL) Options: (Zap/23|12|m)
Jun  7 13:28:30 NOTICE[730128]: app_dial.c:554 dial_exec: Unable to
create channel of type 'Zap'
   == Everyone is busy at this time
     -- AGI Script exm completed, returning 0
     -- Hungup 'IAX2[callfwd2 at misc1]/16386'

Using g711, I have no problem with it.. Do you recommend me to use the
old g729b instead the g729a? Better: do you know the difference between
them? I were using the g729b, but after a license upgrade, I've started
to use the g729a..

regards
Oz