[Asterisk-Users] slightly OT: VoIP more expensive than Call-By-Call

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Tue Jun 8 00:01:08 MST 2004

> is it just me, or are the VoIP providers for Germany more expensive
> than going via call-by-call?
>
> sipgate.de lists a price of 1.76ct a minute, a couple of call-by-calls
> are listed at 1.3ct-1.5ct a minute.

I see it exactly like you.

I'm probably NOT using Asterisk for outbound VOIP-Calls. The prices are
not that good and that a usual german T-DSL connection introduces a delay
of 70ms without the "fastpath" option won't help either.

Some good LCR based dialplan / AGI would be more helpful, I guess. That
could select all those call-by-call prefix numbers that might give you
the most Blalaber for your Cent.