[Asterisk-Users] Hyperthreading?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon Jun 7 17:44:19 MST 2004

Chris Bond wrote:

>Are they any issues still with hyperthreading processors, I've read and been
>told by a few people to make sure its disabled in bios if I want to use * on
>a hyperthreading machine.

A lot of people report no problems with HT turned on, but you have to
look at these reports carefully. A lot of people have no zaptel hardware
in their system. That seems OK with HT on. Some people with zaptel
hardware use it in very simple ways. That also seems OK. However, if you
try things like setting loopback on a TE410P card with HT turned on, the
machine locks solid. So, there are HT issues, but not everyone hits them.

Regards,
Steve