[Asterisk-Users] Modem Calls

Brett Nemeroff brett at utex.net
Mon Jun 7 12:49:17 MST 2004

Scott,
I haven't done *any* research into this but.. I'm using a Sipura2000 and
I have my laptop modem attached to it. I'm forcing alaw or ulaw encoding
on the line. As soon as the modems begin to "train" I get what sounds
like "static" instantly "come on". Very unusual. Not sure what the
source of it is yet.. Don't laugh, I made my call out on FWD.. :) So I'm
not too confident of it working. Let us know if you get modem calls to
work. I'm interested as well.
Thanks,
Brett