[Asterisk-Users] Re: Grandstream 1.0.5.0 Firmware: SIP Register option gone

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Mon Jun 7 07:35:40 MST 2004

Brian Capouch wrote:

> Tomas Prybil wrote:
>
>> Brian Capouch wrote:
>>
>>> FYI to all you Grandstream users out there.  I just fetched and
>>> installed the 1.0.5.0 firmware, and it appears they have removed the
>>> option to either do or not do SIP registration.  Now it appears that
>>> one is going to register with the server specified in the "SIP
>>> Server" field, without any ability to disable it.
>>

>> Any other features you've empirical found out but that?

Not as far as I can see, and the configuration files from the older beta
(4.68) still work (other than simply ignoring the do not register option).

> I had to quick revert back, because I use static IP assignments on my
> phones and the 1.0.5.0 software quickly caused a fair amount of havoc on
> my system.
>
> It does revert fine, btw, by just putting the older stuff on the tftp
> server.  So I'll probably rev up later on and play around some more.
>
> It still didn't load the ringtones, and I have to wonder if the
> speculation I've read on the list that some phones won't load them might
> not be correct.

> I note the tones with 1.0.5.0 are all files >64Kb.

They claim to have altered the firmware to accept larger files.
Nevertheless, there really doesn't seem to be any good reason to go to
the 1.0.5.0 version anyway. It hasn't fixed any of the outstanding
issues (at least those related to use with "*", or added any really
useful functionality.

Stephen R. Besch