[Asterisk-Users] re: Voicemail and Cisco Phones

Karl Dyson kd at junesta.com
Mon Jun 7 06:15:51 MST 2004

On my 7905s I can configure a "voicemail" number, which in turn
activates a "Messages" softkey. When pressed, it goes to that exten,
which in turn is configured to go to VoiceMailMain. Great, works like a
charm. However, the phones also have a "go to voicemail timeout" after
which, the phone diverts the call to voicemail via a "temporarily
moved". This doesn't work, as it diverts the call to the VoiceMailMain
exten, and so instead of taking a message, prompts for a password.
So.... I currently have the timeout on the phone set higher than the
timeout on the * box, and so * bounces the call to voicemail (correctly)
after the required timeout.
I'd like to get the feature working via the phones though, as the "To
VM" softkey and DND features do not work corectly as they function in
the same way (it seems).

Does anyone know if this is something I can fix?

Cheers,

Karl